Introduction and Overview 2
This section will give us a general overview of where the industry came from and where it is going.
Types of Airlines 4
Section 2 provides us with the definitions of the different ideal-type business models and their specifities, also including the very little known hybrid model.
Quick Review 0
Let`s play a quick game to review what we have learnt so far on the types of airlines.
Challenges In The Airline Industry 1
Even in all its glory, the airline industry has several challenges involved. This section will help us to zoom in o two of the most common challenges
Final Examination 1
This quick 30 minute exam is meant to confirm your understanding of all the subject matters presented.
What are the environmental challenges involved in the airline industry?
- It is common knowledge that the airline industry is a major source of air pollution, leading to significant public health impacts.
- Research has shown that jet emissions can cause lung, throat, nasal, larynx and brain cancer, lymphoma, leukaemia, asthma, and birth defects.
- Although the airlines have invested and continue to invest billions of dollars in addressing environmental problems which are aircraft associated, the question is – are they doing enough?
- The very short video below shows how industry experts are looking into operational measures and market options for the diminution of aviation emissions.
- It is important for you to watch the video to the end as some of the final exam questions will come from there